As an essential healthcare services, we remain open during the COVID-19 pandemic. We are offering teletherapy and in-person pediatric occupational therapy, physical therapy, and speech-language therapy appointments in an effort to keep our team and our patients healthy and to continue to support the crucial development of our patients.
We are limiting the number of children and adults in our office. Pediatric occupational therapy, physical therapy, and speech-language therapy appointments will be spaced apart to allow for cleaning between sessions.
We will request parents / caregivers to wait in the building's atrium or their car, if possible. Caregivers of infants, toddlers and some other children may need to be present in their child's session. We will limit the number of people in our waiting room and hallways and encourage social distancing for all.
Prior to receiving treatment, we will ask each parent / caregiver:
1. If in the past 24 hours, your child has had any of the following symptoms: fever over 100.3*, cough, difficulty breathing, sore throat, nasal congestion, headache, new loss of taste or smell, fatigue, diarrhea, vomiting, or skin rash
2. If your child has traveled outside of the US in the past 14 days
3. If your child has had close contact (within 6 feet for 15 min or more) with a person confirmed to have the COVID-19 coronavirus
*We will offer a forehead thermometer to take your child's temperature.
** If the answer is yes to any of the questions, we ask you to keep your child home and we will reschedule your child's appointment.
Our team of physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech-language pathologists and office team are all practicing good hand hygiene by washing our hands frequently and using alcohol-based hand sanitizer before every appointment.
We will request children to wash or sanitize their hands upon entry into our office and anytime they touch their face with our readily available sanitizer.
Per CDC guidelines, we will provide washable and disposable face masks and gloves as personal protective equipment (PPE) to our team. Our team will wear a mask at all times when in the presence of our patients.
Masks with a clear window may be used for speech-language therapy.
We encourage children over two-years old to wear a mask or face-covering, if possible, and we will provide a disposable mask to any children or adults who enter our office. We request all caregivers to wear a face mask at all times, if possible, and to practice social distancing.
How you can prepare for your child's pediatric occupational therapy, physical therapy, or speech-language therapy teletherapy sessions:
1. Contact your INSURANCE company to verify benefits
2. CLEAN OUT a room and SET UP a table with a chair for your child to sit next to the computer
3. SET-UP your COMPUTER with a camera and wi-fi, open the screen at least 5 minutes prior to the scheduled session
4. Make sure an adult will be available to sit next to your child for 30-50 minutes during teletherapy - this will be a requirement for most children ages 10 and younger
5. If your child will be doing speech and language teletherapy, please consider getting an inexpensive headset with microphone
6. Have TOYS and FAVORITE OBJECTS / GAMES / BOOKS / PICTURES ready to share with the therapist
7. Make a VISUAL SCHEDULE - your child's therapist can show you how or you can use the ChoiceWorks app
Our team continues to frequently clean and sanitize / disinfect surfaces and toys with EPA-approved disinfectant spray, per CDC recommendations. We are limiting the number of toys we use in pediatric occupational therapy, physical therapy and speech-language therapy to simplify our cleaning between sessions. Our team of physical therapists, occupational therapists, and speech-language pathologists will clean all toys and surfaces between all therapy sessions.
1101 W. 31st ST suite 110 Downers Grove, IL 60515 | serving lombard, westmont, clarendon hills, lemont, lockport, bolingbrook, woodridge, hinsdale, wheaton, glen ellyn, darien, lisle, oak brook, oak brook terrace, romeoville, westchester
Copyright © 2020 Pediaprogress - All Rights Reserved.