As an essential healthcare services, we remain open during the COVID-19 pandemic. We are offering teletherapy and in-person appointments in an effort to keep our team and our patients healthy and to continue to support the crucial development of our patients.
We are limiting the number of children and adults in our office. Appointments will be spaced apart to allow for cleaning between sessions.
We will request parents / caregivers to wait in the building's atrium or their car. We will allow only one adult in our waiting room at at time.
Only one child and one therapist will be in one room.
Prior to receiving treatment, we will ask each parent / caregiver:
1. If in the past 72 hours, your child has had any of the following symptoms: fever*, cough, difficulty breathing, sore throat, headache, diarrhea, vomiting, or skin rash
2. If your child has traveled outside of the US in the past 14 days
3. If your child has had close contact with a person confirmed to have the COVID-19 coronavirus
*We will offer a forehead thermometer to take your child's temperature.
** If the answer is yes to any of the questions, we will reschedule your appintment.
Our team is practicing good hand hygiene by washing our hands frequently and using alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
We will request children to wash or sanitize their hands upon entry into our office with our readily available sanitizer.
We will provide washable and disposable face masks and gloves as personal protective equipment (PPE) to our team.
Masks with a clear window will be used for speech-language therapy.
We will encourage the children to also wear a mask or face-covering and we will offer a mask to any adults who enter our office.
How you can prepare for your child's Teletherapy sessions:
1. Contact your INSURANCE company to verify benefits
2. CLEAN OUT a room and SET UP a tablewith a chair for your child to sit next to the computer
3. SET-UP your COMPUTER with a camera and wi-fi, open the screen at least 5 minutes prior to the scheduled session
4. Make sure an adult will be available to sit next to your child for 30-50 minutes during teletherapy - this will be a requirement for most children ages 10 and younger
5. If your child will be doing speech and language teletherapy, please consider getting an inexpensive headset with microphone
6. Have TOYS and FAVORITE OBJECTS / GAMES / BOOKS / PICTURES ready to share with the therapist
7. Make a VISUAL SCHEDULE - your child's therapist can show you how or you can use the ChoiceWorks app
We continue to frequently clean and sanitize / disinfect surfaces and toys with CDC-approved Purell disinfectant spray. We are limiting the number of toys we use to simplify our cleaning between sessions. We are not using toys / equipment which is not washable.